It supports Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server and SQL Server Compact. The database can be created by running a single SQL script. It is also provided as an XML file and a SQL Server Compact database. It is possible to use your own iTunes library information to regenerate these scripts, see more details here.
The SQL scripts and unit tests are auto-generated using T4 templates by reading the tables information defined in an XML schema.
The new changes for the release 1.1 are:
- Support for SQL Server Compact.
- Additional customers from multiple countries.
- Added a many-to-many relationship (a Playlist contains many Tracks, a Track belongs to many Playlists).
- Added a one-to-many relationship between Employee and Customer (support representative).
- Added Total field to invoice table.
The new schema is:
You can download this new version from the Chinook Database 1.1 Release page.